Registration Process

At Xpert Education we take compliance and safety very seriously, therefore before working for us you will have to successfully satisfy our registration criteria. There is a number of registration documents that we require from you these include:

Image 1

  • Passport
  • Valid Visa
  • Second form of ID
  • Photo Driving License
  • Birth Certificate
  • European ID Card
  • Two proofs of address (these must be dated within the last 3 months)
  • CV covering the last 10 years with no gaps
  • Qualifications (Teaching degree, qualification or transcript)
  • QTS/Teaching Agency number (if applicable). All teachers with QTS in the UK will be checked against the Teaching Agency register for proof of qualification and suitability, and that there are no restrictions against them teaching in UK schools
  • Overseas Police Check (Country of Origin Police Check) dated within 3 months for every country you have worked in for a period of more than 3 months
  • 2 Referee contact details (1 MUST be from your most recent employer, and all references must be returned from business email accounts/fax numbers or on headed paper. We cannot accept references from personal email addresses)
  • DBS (if you do not have one we can arrange this)

Once the documents above have been produced and verified you will then be asked to complete our company registration documents.

Qualified Teacher Status

From 1 April 2012 qualified teachers from Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA can apply to the Teaching Agency for qualified teacher status (QTS) without undertaking further training or assessment in England.

Overseas Trained Teachers (without QTS)

For teachers who qualified in countries outside of the EEA and Switzerland except for teachers who qualified in Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the USA there is the four year rule. This allows OTTs  to teach in state maintained schools and non-maintained special schools in England as unqualified teachers for four calendar years. The four year period an OTT is allowed to work as an unqualified teacher begins on the first day the individual taught in a state maintained school or a non-maintained special school in England and expires exactly four years later regardless of whether the OTT has taught throughout the four year period.

OTTs from these countries can obtain further information by contacting the Teacher Enquiries telephone number on 0370 496 8324 or emailing them on